Welcome to the new version of Finnbass. Here you will find all the top quality content you know and love. All content has been brought over from the old version of the forum, as well as all user details.

Although your user accounts have been imported, you may find that you will need to request a new password in order to log in. To do this go to the Login button (top right). Try logging in with your usual user name and password. If this fails, click I forgot my password then enter your email address. You should receive an email with a login link and new password. Use these to log in.

Once logged in, if you did get issued with a new password, it is a good idea to alter it to something else. To do this click on your user name (top right) then click on User Control Panel. Click the Profile tab, then click Edit account settings. Here you can set a new password.

NOTE TO NEW USERS
Once you have registered, your first post will need to be approved before it is made public. This is to prevent spam postings, so please bear with us.

Looks like I've found a band too...

The reason we're all here I suppose

Moderator: Spike

RichardH

Re: Looks like I've found a band too...

Post by RichardH »

This little beauty

Stan_da_man

Post by Stan_da_man »

I was thinking bass rig but hey ho! :D

oxblood

Post by oxblood »

No mate - that IS Richard's bass rig... ;)

RichardH

Post by RichardH »

Ahaahah! Sorry!

Bass was my Zoot (Jazz neck, MM bridge - both Aguilars, along with a Noll 2 band EQ).
I used my TC RH450, and the engineer took a feed from the DI (pre rather than post) - so the recorded signal was without any interference from the preamp etc. However, once we had all the tracks nailed, he then re-recorded my parts played through a Markbass Little Mark and a Hartke 4x10. So the guy who mixed it was given both the clean signal and a version with a bit more character from the amp,cab and mic - though whether he used that or just did clever things in Logic with the clean signal I don't know!

Stan_da_man

Post by Stan_da_man »

More choices for the engineer means the better the mix normally sounds IME.

redroque

Post by redroque »

That's very true!