Welcome to the new version of Finnbass. Here you will find all the top quality content you know and love. All content has been brought over from the old version of the forum, as well as all user details.

Although your user accounts have been imported, you may find that you will need to request a new password in order to log in. To do this go to the Login button (top right). Try logging in with your usual user name and password. If this fails, click I forgot my password then enter your email address. You should receive an email with a login link and new password. Use these to log in.

Once logged in, if you did get issued with a new password, it is a good idea to alter it to something else. To do this click on your user name (top right) then click on User Control Panel. Click the Profile tab, then click Edit account settings. Here you can set a new password.

NOTE TO NEW USERS
Once you have registered, your first post will need to be approved before it is made public. This is to prevent spam postings, so please bear with us.

two newest builds

Luthiery From the Land of Oz

Moderator: Spike

Phil Mailloux

two newest builds

Post by Phil Mailloux »

I've ben a bad boy. I promised you guys pics of my basses last month and disapeared. Its been a pretty busy month, I had to deliver these two basses and organise a get together for the Brisbane members of ozbassforum. The two basses were delivered to their owners on that day. One of them flew from Adelaide to pick it up.

The sunburst one is my DCO model, the single cut is a new model created with the input of Brett, its owner.

Steve

Post by Steve »

Superb work Phil:D

That sunburst is a real work of art....that colour and the maple board....*drools*

I think the singlecut needs a bit of getting used-to looks-wise. I suspect it's because of that big square of black caused by the ramp and the pups...

Magnificent craftmanship though, as usual:)
Yes, I can hear you Clem Fandango.

redroque

Post by redroque »

I love that sunburst one.

TPJ

Post by TPJ »

That single cut looks huge until you see it in relation. Very cool. Nice job!
Tom

Bands:
The Now Nows

Phil Mailloux

Post by Phil Mailloux »

Thanks guys, I like the sunburst too but my favourite's the sungle cut. The sunburst one looks like "bling" in person, but hey, that's what the customer wanted. :D

hoytbasses

Post by hoytbasses »

I like them both but the double cut is stunning! too many strings:-) what are you using for clearcoat?

kfh

Phil Mailloux

Post by Phil Mailloux »

Depends on what I'm spraying. On clear coated basses like the single cut I use acid-catalyst lacquer, sprays fast, dries hard, looks good. On basses with colours like that sunburst I use good ol' nitro sprayed as a toner with Stewmac Colortone dyes.