Welcome to the new version of Finnbass. Here you will find all the top quality content you know and love. All content has been brought over from the old version of the forum, as well as all user details.

Although your user accounts have been imported, you may find that you will need to request a new password in order to log in. To do this go to the Login button (top right). Try logging in with your usual user name and password. If this fails, click I forgot my password then enter your email address. You should receive an email with a login link and new password. Use these to log in.

Once logged in, if you did get issued with a new password, it is a good idea to alter it to something else. To do this click on your user name (top right) then click on User Control Panel. Click the Profile tab, then click Edit account settings. Here you can set a new password.

NOTE TO NEW USERS
Once you have registered, your first post will need to be approved before it is made public. This is to prevent spam postings, so please bear with us.

Loxx Strap Locks

All Bass-related goodness...

Moderator: Spike

Stan_da_man

Loxx Strap Locks

Post by Stan_da_man »

Has anyone tried these?

I've been using Dunlops for years but thought I might look elsewhere first before buying some for my Squier Jazz.

My only real complaint about the Dunlops is that they stick out a bit...

Sanemancured

Post by Sanemancured »

I use Dunlops and I agree with your sentiment Tom. Schaller are okay but can rattle a bit.

Loxx? I'll take a gander.
I'd rather have a life of 'OH WELLS' than a life of 'WHAT IFS.

Stan_da_man

Post by Stan_da_man »

Sanemancured wrote:Loxx? I'll take a gander.
https://www.loxx-products.com/live/musi ... music.aspx

Sanemancured

Post by Sanemancured »

I think I'll give them a go.

Thank you Tom.

I'll update.

Stan_da_man

Post by Stan_da_man »

I think I might give them a go as well. Asked over on TB if anyone had experience of them and got this reply:

"I’ve used Loxx for about 6-8 years on all of my basses but three — one that came equipped with Dunlops and a couple that I just don’t play live. That’s something like 15 different basses and straps over the years. I have had zero failures. The only maintenance is to occasionally (maybe twice a year) check that the flanges on the strap are tight. They have never needed more than an eighth of a turn, and I’m not sure if this is because the flange has backed off or the leather strap has compressed. I do punch out the strap holes for a better fit and easier installation."

redroque

Post by redroque »

They look nice - might have to change too!

Stan_da_man

Post by Stan_da_man »

Well, they arrived this morning so I will let you know how I get on.

tauzero

Post by tauzero »

I've never felt very keen on the Dunlop type as it seems to me that they rely on the mechanism, unlike the Schaller ones which cradle the strap pins and just use the spring pin to keep them in place rather than as a stressed part. These seem to have the same potential weakness. They do look nice though.
Coitum volaticum non dono

Sanemancured

Post by Sanemancured »

I've just had to renew the Schaller strap lock button on my 88 Thumb. The bridge one had worn to the extent that the locks no longer locked......