Welcome to the new version of Finnbass. Here you will find all the top quality content you know and love. All content has been brought over from the old version of the forum, as well as all user details.

Although your user accounts have been imported, you may find that you will need to request a new password in order to log in. To do this go to the Login button (top right). Try logging in with your usual user name and password. If this fails, click I forgot my password then enter your email address. You should receive an email with a login link and new password. Use these to log in.

Once logged in, if you did get issued with a new password, it is a good idea to alter it to something else. To do this click on your user name (top right) then click on User Control Panel. Click the Profile tab, then click Edit account settings. Here you can set a new password.

NOTE TO NEW USERS
Once you have registered, your first post will need to be approved before it is made public. This is to prevent spam postings, so please bear with us.

Headphone amp for crazy price

All Bass-related goodness...

Moderator: Spike

neepheid

Headphone amp for crazy price

Post by neepheid »

Hi folks

Is it just me or is this a ludicrous deal? It's not a mistake, they've been making noise about it on Facebook today:

https://www.kennysmusic.co.uk/yamaha-se ... mega-deal/

They're overegging the saving a bit by quoting RRP as the old price (it can be had for around £50 in the usual suspects), but it would almost be rude not to buy one at a tenner!

I don't see the point in getting the red one when the blue one has more inputs and more flexibiity. Just wish it had a DC in but at this price I'm pretty sure it could be modded without guilt!

Hope it helps someone. I've ordered a blue one. Dunno about the whole chaining thing - I suppose it would work if you didn't have brass and the drummer had an electronic kit.

oxblood

Re: Headphone amp for crazy price

Post by oxblood »

SOLD OUT now!

neepheid

Post by neepheid »

Bloody hell, that didn't take long!

redroque

Post by redroque »

Not surprised! Will be interesting to hear your review.

neepheid

Post by neepheid »

Had a quick go with it tonight - as a portable practice device it's simplicity itself - 3 cables - plug in bass, plug in headphones and plug in aux source. Then get playing.

It's all plastic construction but doesn't feel cheap - the pots feel nice when you turn them for instance. The aux cable is 4 way so it also sends (mono) sound to the aux source meaning that if you use a phone then things like tuner apps will work. Android audio is laggy and crap but I've heard that iOS devices can do cool things like be effects pedals.

It's got an annoying safety cut out if you overload the input but you just have to set an appropriate level for the bass you're playing and how you're playing it.

If I could venture one improvement it would have been nice to have a DC in option instead of being battery only. Mind you I got it for a tenner so I won't feel too bad drilling a hole in it ;)

I wouldn't have paid £50 for it but for a tenner it's bloody brilliant!

redroque

Post by redroque »

Nice!