Welcome to the new version of Finnbass. Here you will find all the top quality content you know and love. All content has been brought over from the old version of the forum, as well as all user details.

Although your user accounts have been imported, you may find that you will need to request a new password in order to log in. To do this go to the Login button (top right). Try logging in with your usual user name and password. If this fails, click I forgot my password then enter your email address. You should receive an email with a login link and new password. Use these to log in.

Once logged in, if you did get issued with a new password, it is a good idea to alter it to something else. To do this click on your user name (top right) then click on User Control Panel. Click the Profile tab, then click Edit account settings. Here you can set a new password.

NOTE TO NEW USERS
Once you have registered, your first post will need to be approved before it is made public. This is to prevent spam postings, so please bear with us.

Yamaha BB1200 1977

Moderator: Spike

Luke the Fluke

Yamaha BB1200 1977

Post by Luke the Fluke »

This one:

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

1977 built, with original scratchplate and case and stuff. Plays well no issues, 9-9.5lb depending how crap our luggage scales are.

Stuck it up for sale on the other place... but as there's less chancers on here... I've no idea how much these things are worth - seen them for sale anywhere between £450 and £1250 - no idea how to value it, I guess in a way how much folk want to pay determines it. Probably easier if I just didn't sell it but trying to get money together for a G&L I've seen - one of those things, if it's worth £500 it's not worth me selling it...
anyway - thats my mental spraff about not knowing how much to price it for! :)
gear list, gear list etc.

Stan_da_man

Post by Stan_da_man »

Think you might struggle if it's listed as an amp or cab. :D

Sanemancured

Post by Sanemancured »

It's a nice old Yammy isn't it. Maybe worth a bit. If it were a US P bass '77' in that condition it'd be worth more but not as good:rolleyes:

Chris (Beedster) put his up for £450 and it sold quickly.
I'd rather have a life of 'OH WELLS' than a life of 'WHAT IFS.

RIGSBY

Post by RIGSBY »

I expect an admin dog will be along and move this to the bass section at some point, assuming there's some bribery available - good boy choc drops or whatever
PHOTOGRAPHY

GIG RIG....Carvin BX1600 - Markbass NY 604 x 2 - PRACTICE RIG... Kustom Groovebass 1200 - Pair modded Peavey / Beyma 2x10 -
Basses - RetroVibe Aero 1 modded - Rally Basso 504FM - ESP LTD SM Fretless

redroque

Post by redroque »

Doesn't take mjch to be better than a 70's fender! In the 80s you couldn't give them away! I reckon any that play well now have had a lot of work. [/opinion]

Luke the Fluke

Post by Luke the Fluke »

Sanemancured wrote:It's a nice old Yammy isn't it. Maybe worth a bit. If it were a US P bass '77' in that condition it'd be worth more but not as good:rolleyes:

Chris (Beedster) put his up for £450 and it sold quickly.
yeah but beedster price is a silly price to sell one of these for IMO - there's folk around who spend ages looking for really good basses - this is one of the good ones - if I can get enough to go towards a L1000 ild like it makes sense to try something else - if I don't get there then I may as well just keep this and try flats or something.

neepheid

Post by neepheid »

Ach, it's a BB1200s I'm looking for (the active version of this) - not that I've got the money to do anything about it right now so it's probably for the best! ;)
Epi Les Paul Std
Epi Jack Casady
Epi Thunderbird VP
RedSub BT5110 - BFM Omni 10.5

Bands: The Inevitable Teaspoons - originals
Nine Lives - rock covers

"Gibson have never made a pretty bass, fact." - waynepunkdude

Steve

Post by Steve »

RIGSBY wrote:I expect an admin dog will be along and move this to the bass section at some point, assuming there's some bribery available - good boy choc drops or whatever
Woof Woof! ;)
Yes, I can hear you Clem Fandango.

Luke the Fluke

Post by Luke the Fluke »

Steve wrote:Woof Woof! ;)
I'm thinking 'amps and cabs for sale' on finnbass was as likely as anywhere on arsehat to get buyer? oh well, good boy!

RIGSBY

Post by RIGSBY »

Steve wrote:Woof Woof! ;)
You took too long.

I've eaten the good boy choccies
PHOTOGRAPHY

GIG RIG....Carvin BX1600 - Markbass NY 604 x 2 - PRACTICE RIG... Kustom Groovebass 1200 - Pair modded Peavey / Beyma 2x10 -
Basses - RetroVibe Aero 1 modded - Rally Basso 504FM - ESP LTD SM Fretless