Welcome to the new version of Finnbass. Here you will find all the top quality content you know and love. All content has been brought over from the old version of the forum, as well as all user details.

Although your user accounts have been imported, you may find that you will need to request a new password in order to log in. To do this go to the Login button (top right). Try logging in with your usual user name and password. If this fails, click I forgot my password then enter your email address. You should receive an email with a login link and new password. Use these to log in.

Once logged in, if you did get issued with a new password, it is a good idea to alter it to something else. To do this click on your user name (top right) then click on User Control Panel. Click the Profile tab, then click Edit account settings. Here you can set a new password.

NOTE TO NEW USERS
Once you have registered, your first post will need to be approved before it is made public. This is to prevent spam postings, so please bear with us.

ACG Recurve 4 String

Moderator: Spike

eude

ACG Recurve 4 String

Post by eude »

No trades please.

It's with a heavy heart that I'm putting my ACG Recurve 4 string up for sale.
I have a baby on the way in July and a new ACG 6 string fretless following afterwards, so the one in - one out policy is going to have to be respected more so than ever, for basses at least!

Here's the bass on Alan's site >> http://archive.acguitars.co.uk/portfoli ... ort-scale/

The bass is a nice mix of ACG's modern, considered design and fancy wood specs, with a more traditional yet extremely flexible electronics set up.
It has a 31.5" scale, which makes for an extremely playable and comfortable instrument without any shortcomings whatsoever.

ACG Recurve DC 4 String Custom
31.5” scale
Black Limba body with Kingwood top
Ash/Wenge/Ash neck with flat Wenge fingerboard
Asymmetrical neck profile
Super comfy 36mm nut width
ACG B Series PB (split coil) pickup at the neck/mid position, OSB (overwound single coil) pickup at the bridge
Custom ACG/East Preamp with 4 way rotary pickup selector switch and active/passive rotary switch
Hipshot Type B bridge with 19mm spacing
Gotoh GB720 tuners
Currently fitted with Newtone strings (will ship with a set of D'Addario EXL160M Nickels)
It comes with a £150 worth of Fusion F1 Hybrid Gigbag

And here's some lovely pics...

Looking for £1100 ono, absolutely no trades please.
Any questions, you know where to find me!

Eude

Antonius

Post by Antonius »

Bloody hell, that is lovely Ewan. Good thing it doesn't have 5 strings (perhaps the body was originally made for that though?).

I can tell from experience on other ACG basses that the low E will be no slouch, don't let the short scale fool you on that one. In addition, and this is from personal experience, Ewan packs and sends his basses bomb proof.
Finnbass.com - it has a certain, indefinable, double entendre quality about 't which ye canna quite put yer finger on.....

Stan_da_man

Post by Stan_da_man »

Interesting scale length - what's the story behind that?

Lovely bass by the way!

eude

Post by eude »

Antonius wrote:Bloody hell, that is lovely Ewan. Good thing it doesn't have 5 strings (perhaps the body was originally made for that though?).

I can tell from experience on other ACG basses that the low E will be no slouch, don't let the short scale fool you on that one. In addition, and this is from personal experience, Ewan packs and sends his basses bomb proof.
Thank you mate, very kind :)
I'm fairly sure its a 4 string neck on a 4 string body, but I'm no expert ;)

The E string is very very nice too.

Eude

eude

Post by eude »

Stan_da_man wrote:Interesting scale length - what's the story behind that?

Lovely bass by the way!
Thanks buddy.
The 31.5" scale, was pretty much because Alan recommended it as a good choice.
I usually play 33" basses, which feel a lot nicer than 34"ers to me, especially with regular 45-105 strings as they still have a nice weight but are more pliable, which has kind of become the fashion when it comes to strings now, think Dunlop Super Brights.

Anyway, the logic would figure that a 31.5" scale bass would give a similar vibe when compared to a 32", if that makes sense?
That's all post decision justification though.

All I know is it feels and sounds great!

Eude

eude

Post by eude »

On hold over the road till Saturday :)

Eude