Welcome to the new version of Finnbass. Here you will find all the top quality content you know and love. All content has been brought over from the old version of the forum, as well as all user details.

Although your user accounts have been imported, you may find that you will need to request a new password in order to log in. To do this go to the Login button (top right). Try logging in with your usual user name and password. If this fails, click I forgot my password then enter your email address. You should receive an email with a login link and new password. Use these to log in.

Once logged in, if you did get issued with a new password, it is a good idea to alter it to something else. To do this click on your user name (top right) then click on User Control Panel. Click the Profile tab, then click Edit account settings. Here you can set a new password.

NOTE TO NEW USERS
Once you have registered, your first post will need to be approved before it is made public. This is to prevent spam postings, so please bear with us.

Nad!

Self explanatory?

Moderator: Spike

Stan_da_man

Post by Stan_da_man »

Decided against the all valve route and went for the lightweight, portable combo option instead! Cracking little amp with lots of EQ options available. Not a very exciting NAD but I can see this combo being around a while.

I did hook it up briefly to the 4x10 and it was huge - master didn't go above 9 'o' clock!

Luke the Fluke

Post by Luke the Fluke »

Stan_da_man wrote:Decided against the all valve route and went for the lightweight, portable combo option instead! Cracking little amp with lots of EQ options available. Not a very exciting NAD but I can see this combo being around a while.

I did hook it up briefly to the 4x10 and it was huge - master didn't go above 9 'o' clock!
A simple either or choice there... VALVES or tiny amp
gear list, gear list etc.

redroque

Post by redroque »

Luke the Fluke wrote:A simple either or choice there... VALVES or tiny amp
in other words - crew/no crew' :D

TPJ

Post by TPJ »

Looks great. Those MB rigs get really good reviews.

Not sure how loud your band is but the little Ampeg PF-20T or 50T is a great way into valves without the weight. Plus you can run them with no load. I almost bought the 50 version used on AH before it was withdrawn.

I totally get the love for valves but it wasn't until very recently when I ran an old Fender Bassman 135 into my Fearless F112 that I understood the heft thing. We compared an 800 watt GK MB800 to the 130 watt Fender and the difference in fullness was completely apparent. However, as mentioned, there's no way I want to haul the Fender amp around just for that sound as it's big and weighs a fucking ton. That's what caused the GAS interest in the PF-50T.

The Markbass will do you well. Enjoy :)
Tom

Bands:
The Now Nows

Stan_da_man

Post by Stan_da_man »

Outside of recording, my amp has only ever been used as a monitor onstage. The reason for getting rid of my Genz/Schro rig to get this MB combo was more down to wanting an even lighter set-up that was just as loud and would have no problem being heard in a live situation/monitoring on stage. That and I wanted a change after 6 years of the same rig!

Pentode/Grahame lent me his Bugera 150w valve head before Xmas and that wasn't loud enough for a rehearsal situation. I figured has well that I didn't want to break my back every time I played live so went the portable route. My Bearfoot Blueberry does a pretty good job of replicating a valve head so that's good enough for me. Plus if I really wanted, I would just use my MXR M80 for gigs and not even bring an amp.

I will say when we did record, I used a Fender Bassman 800 into a 4x10. That was a very nice sound.