Welcome to the new version of Finnbass. Here you will find all the top quality content you know and love. All content has been brought over from the old version of the forum, as well as all user details.

Although your user accounts have been imported, you may find that you will need to request a new password in order to log in. To do this go to the Login button (top right). Try logging in with your usual user name and password. If this fails, click I forgot my password then enter your email address. You should receive an email with a login link and new password. Use these to log in.

Once logged in, if you did get issued with a new password, it is a good idea to alter it to something else. To do this click on your user name (top right) then click on User Control Panel. Click the Profile tab, then click Edit account settings. Here you can set a new password.

NOTE TO NEW USERS
Once you have registered, your first post will need to be approved before it is made public. This is to prevent spam postings, so please bear with us.

Said goodbye to Ziggy today

Flash your growler, show your pussy...

Moderator: Spike

oldslapper

Said goodbye to Ziggy today

Post by oldslapper »

10.5 years ago she was found abandoned outside the prison I was working in, just at the time we were thinking about getting a pooch.
Her quiet, fun but reassuring presence will be missed, she was family.
Age related dementia along with hearing loss led to a confusing world for her. She had started to lose strength and mobility in her hind legs along with pain.
Sad, but vet was clear her quality of life would continue to deteriorate.
Bye Ziggy you’re already missed.
Map Reader extraordinaire

MrThumb

Post by MrThumb »

So sorry to hear this mate, so very sad. The best thing was done for her after ten and a half wonderful years for this very lovely and lucky girl. Sleep tight Ziggy x

oldslapper

Post by oldslapper »

Thanks.
I think we were the lucky ones too. She’s helped our son and daughter get through some difficult times just through being there.

Sanemancured

Post by Sanemancured »

It's a difficult time especially with faithful uncomplicated pets who devote themselves to you.

Peter
I'd rather have a life of 'OH WELLS' than a life of 'WHAT IFS.

RichardH

Post by RichardH »

Sorry to hear that - it's hard, isn't it. Thoughts with you and your family.
It's a bugger getting inside the horn when you've got the array supports in place, isn't it!

oldslapper

Post by oldslapper »

Sanemancured wrote:It's a difficult time especially with faithful uncomplicated pets who devote themselves to you.

Peter
RichardH wrote:Sorry to hear that - it's hard, isn't it. Thoughts with you and your family.
Thanks for the kind words.
It was strange waking up this morning without her here. It’s very quiet and there’s a noticeable hole in the in the home. Even though she wasn’t a noisy girl, just a lovely calm & comforting presence.

oxblood

Post by oxblood »

Very late to this - haven't been here for weeks. Sorry for your loss, John. :(

oldslapper

Post by oldslapper »

Hi Ken
Thanks, daughter left for uni last week, so it’s a very strange home now.

redroque

Post by redroque »

I'm even later - sorry to hear - know too well