Welcome to the new version of Finnbass. Here you will find all the top quality content you know and love. All content has been brought over from the old version of the forum, as well as all user details.

Although your user accounts have been imported, you may find that you will need to request a new password in order to log in. To do this go to the Login button (top right). Try logging in with your usual user name and password. If this fails, click I forgot my password then enter your email address. You should receive an email with a login link and new password. Use these to log in.

Once logged in, if you did get issued with a new password, it is a good idea to alter it to something else. To do this click on your user name (top right) then click on User Control Panel. Click the Profile tab, then click Edit account settings. Here you can set a new password.

NOTE TO NEW USERS
Once you have registered, your first post will need to be approved before it is made public. This is to prevent spam postings, so please bear with us.

John East Pre-Amps

John's work should need no introduction...

Moderator: Spike

Sanemancured

Post by Sanemancured »

With the LMII I set the EQ flat and let the filters do the talking when it suited.

On the Rebelhead 450 I tweek the EQ a lot more both in terms of level and centre frequency.

I will need to go through the whole process again now, getting 3 presets sorted on the pedal.

1. Normal - Plenty of mids

2. A bit more agressive with no TubeTone

3. As above with Tubetone.

This is all given that I only use a backline at the moment.
I'd rather have a life of 'OH WELLS' than a life of 'WHAT IFS.
TPJ

Post by TPJ »

sk8 wrote:is there a John East for precisions?
The BTB works well in a precision. The treble and bass are stacked. You do however lose your tone control unless you move the jack or stack the tone control with the volume. You may need to do some cavity routing for the battery.

In regards to amp tone settings, if they're there, then use them if you have to. All depends on the the amp though. Flat isn't necessarily uncoloured.
Tom

Bands:
The Now Nows
david_l_perry

Post by david_l_perry »

Gold and black knobs Peter...how very dare you....You will have the fashion police after you...;)
Finnbass ....its like the elderly rest home for those dodgy relatives who refuse to die.....

Work http://www.extendeddesign.co.uk

Copyright © Mickey mouse inc, all rights reserved, or stolen
Beyond

Post by Beyond »

They have been after me for years but never quite know what to do with me when they catch up - they are usually reduced to tears one way or another (not sure if it is mirth or sadness most times).

Gold and black knobs on the same bass - you northerners pretending you are all flat cap and braces when all the time you are toying with such fripperies eh!

You would catch me having gold and black on my saphire encrusted pastie stand.
Sanemancured

Post by Sanemancured »

As a retired Naval Officer I happen to think gold on black is sooo me.

:p
sk8

Post by sk8 »

and there i was thinking you were one of us and here you are comissioned! :D
If it ain't broke, fix it till it is
Boldly going nowhere

My band - Box of Frogs
Sanemancured

Post by Sanemancured »

I started off as a Stoker.

Ended up a General List 2 1/2

God knows how :confused:
sk8

Post by sk8 »

well done that man

Much prefer working with the Navy or army come to it as the RAF is so far up its oewn arse saluting everything!
If it ain't broke, fix it till it is
Boldly going nowhere

My band - Box of Frogs
OWBass5

John East Pre Amps....

Post by OWBass5 »

I've got black and silver knobs on a 1998 Overwater J5 prototype and all silver on a pair of 2004 J5s, one fretted one fretless. Black and silver are very nice with black hardware.

The J-Retro is a great bit of kit. Mine always sounds great recorded. Last week it was through a huge SSL at Sarm West.
Seeing that John probably worked on the design of this particular SSL there's no surprise there then!images/smilies/biggrin.gif
OWBass5.
Scoop

Post by Scoop »

Does anyone know if John's P-Retro (designed for one pup) will work with my Status Electro which simply has a piezo and no magnetic pups? It's a bit flakey at the moment and I don't know if the piezo itself is playing up or if the pre-amp is goosed.
'Officially endorsed by ACG - handmade custom basses and guitars'

No trees were harmed in the making of this post. Several billion electrons were, however, hugely inconvenienced