Welcome to the new version of Finnbass. Here you will find all the top quality content you know and love. All content has been brought over from the old version of the forum, as well as all user details.

Although your user accounts have been imported, you may find that you will need to request a new password in order to log in. To do this go to the Login button (top right). Try logging in with your usual user name and password. If this fails, click I forgot my password then enter your email address. You should receive an email with a login link and new password. Use these to log in.

Once logged in, if you did get issued with a new password, it is a good idea to alter it to something else. To do this click on your user name (top right) then click on User Control Panel. Click the Profile tab, then click Edit account settings. Here you can set a new password.

NOTE TO NEW USERS
Once you have registered, your first post will need to be approved before it is made public. This is to prevent spam postings, so please bear with us.

Aerodyne....?

John's work should need no introduction...

Moderator: Spike

Steve

Aerodyne....?

Post by Steve »

John, I have a J-Retro in a CIJ 60's re-issue Jazz and it sounds great. I had no real trouble fitting it as I recall, but I do remember it being a tight fit. I now have a nice Aerodyne that I am feeling would benefit from the same treatment and have removed the control plate in order to have a look-see. Possibly in the way that Mars bars have 'shrunk'...the control cavity appears to be an awful lot smaller than I remember on my standard Jazz.

Are there any known difficulties in squeezing a J-Retro into Aerodynes?
Yes, I can hear you Clem Fandango.
bryceee

Post by bryceee »

I'm not answering your question Steve, but you have an Aerodyne? This hasn't been mentioned before... ;)
Steve

Post by Steve »

bryceee wrote:I'm not answering your question Steve, but you have an Aerodyne? This hasn't been mentioned before... ;)

I'm sure it's been mentioned somewhere...It was certainly discussed on BW.

Status

Post by Status »

Lovely looking bass. How many others are you hiding down there in the back of beyond?
Survivor of the first Finnbass Fumble
bryceee

Post by bryceee »

Ooooooh yeah. Damn it's purdy!
Steve

Post by Steve »

Status wrote:Lovely looking bass. How many others are you hiding down there in the back of beyond?

I have this obsessive-compulsive thing going on where basses are concerned, so a lot more than I should have. I don't suppose I've bought anymore than the average 48 year old professional sans kids, it's just that I've never sold any either:D
Steve

Post by Steve »

bryceee wrote:Ooooooh yeah. Damn it's purdy!

I thought a black J-retro would might really set it off sonically and aesthetically. I don't particularly like that chrome control plate..
Deep Thought

Post by Deep Thought »

Aah, the 'Japan only' with scratch plate-verry nice. I had a black one sans scratch plate which was my dream bass for a while, but probably because it was a bit knocked about (that's why it was cheap!), I never kept it long. They do an Aerodyne Precision in electric blue which is also most wank-inducing.
Steve

Post by Steve »

Deep Thought wrote:Aah, the 'Japan only' with scratch plate-verry nice. I had a black one sans scratch plate which was my dream bass for a while, but probably because it was a bit knocked about (that's why it was cheap!), I never kept it long. They do an Aerodyne Precision in electric blue which is also most wank-inducing.

I liked the look of the Aerodynes when they first came out, but fell in love with the Jap version and managed to score one through eBay. It has a good sound, but I like a bit more punch now and the one thing that has always niggled me about it was the chrome control panel cover. I thought I might kill two birds with one stone....

Any pics/links of the Aerodyne precision? I could do with a wank:D
Deep Thought

Post by Deep Thought »

Here y'go. Pic doesn't do it justice-Andy had one in a while back down at Modern Music and in the flesh it was highly masturbatory.

http://www.fender.com/products/search.p ... 0254507570