Welcome to the new version of Finnbass. Here you will find all the top quality content you know and love. All content has been brought over from the old version of the forum, as well as all user details.

Although your user accounts have been imported, you may find that you will need to request a new password in order to log in. To do this go to the Login button (top right). Try logging in with your usual user name and password. If this fails, click I forgot my password then enter your email address. You should receive an email with a login link and new password. Use these to log in.

Once logged in, if you did get issued with a new password, it is a good idea to alter it to something else. To do this click on your user name (top right) then click on User Control Panel. Click the Profile tab, then click Edit account settings. Here you can set a new password.

NOTE TO NEW USERS
Once you have registered, your first post will need to be approved before it is made public. This is to prevent spam postings, so please bear with us.

Going viral

The reason we're all here I suppose

Moderator: Spike

tauzero

Going viral

Post by tauzero »

I'm in one covers band which has been pretty busy (around 20 gigs a year, which is what we want to do). I've also just joined a prog rock originals band which has three EPs recorded but nothing lined up gigwise at the moment due to ever-changing bassists. Gigs for Space Monkey have been pulled till June, and I don't expect them to happen for a while after then either. We've also left rehearsals with the prog band for a week until we know what's happening. I don't rely on the income, although it's nice to get enough cash in every month so I don't need to go to a cash machine, and I think our keyboard player and vocalist/guitarist both find it a useful additional source of funds. But it's something that will be hitting pro musicians badly.

So, has it had much effect on anyone else here?

Antonius

Re: Going viral

Post by Antonius »

We are lucky to be healthy and no friends or family members infected as far as I'm aware. My children have been home from school for a week now. We are not seeing any friends nor relatives, at least not in person. We now both work from home. So my entire family is at home, all day, every day of the week. So far so good, for us. Not sure how this is going to impact the business I work for. At this point we are working as usual, with the only difference being that those with a desk job work at home. Extra measures in the workshop and canteen for the colleagues who do still come to work.

Hospitals are seeing a sharp increase in IC patients. Authorities stress the importance of avoiding contacts as much as possible, try to stay at home, when you do go out keep it short and maintain a 1.5m minimum distance from anyone. People who are admitted to IC and if they are not lucky enough to survive then they are being cared for by medical staff only until their unlucky death. They die alone, without their loved ones because none are allowed to visit. Only 1st degree family members are allowed at any funeral, not just corona victims. Funerals have become a short and efficient procedure, no family/friends gathering, no church service, just a brief ceremony at the grave with a few people. That's it.

And what is the general public doing despite the stringent advice of authorities? We see mass visits to the big DIY stores, beaches, parks, etc. We are stupid and some of us just deserve to get infected. Unfortunately it is mostly others that will suffer from some people's stupidity.

Rant over.

redroque

Post by redroque »

General public appears for be fucking stupid! Norfolk has seen bank holiday levels of tourism, roads around my house dead quiet, like bank hols. Mad.
The thickies arent taking it seriously, probably the same twats that bulk bought. Particularly pissing mr off as I am nearly out of animal food for dogs and cat as the shelves were empty yesterday. Is it a coincidence that the schools are off so parents are giving them 'school dinners' from an easy open pouch........
Gig wise - not playing atm, just recording so I'll just do more - recently written first lyric and sung first lead vocal in 35 yrs of writing music and recording. A frightening prospect. My son laughed.........

Antonius

Post by Antonius »

As of tonight all events are banned here. When you do go out, do not meet with others, keep distance (at least 1.5m), no groups whatsoever. More than 2 people together is not permitted, unless they are persons from the same household. Local authorities have more options to mark areas as no go places. Violations will be fined/prosecuted, higher fines when a business is involved. The border with Belgium has been closed for any unnecessary visits for several days now. People near the borders are used to travel back and forth for cheaper shopping etc. Saving a few pennies is national sport for us dutch, the scots can relate to that so I've been told. However sports are not valid exceptions so no more shopping nor topping off the fuel tank across the border.

tauzero

Post by tauzero »

Big lockdown in the UK now as well. Mrs Zero and I are currently self-isolating as it seems we've got it. My idiot employer, despite the guidelines saying WFH if possible, insisted on the software development staff coming in.

RichardH

Post by RichardH »

Here's to a fast recovery, tauzero! I have some sort of flu-like thing that may or may not be the lurgy... we'll see how things pan out!

Brother in law lives in Kimmeridge in Dorset, and was saying that the road down to the beach at the weekend was like a summer bank holiday. Poople are idiots!

Antonius

Post by Antonius »

tauzero wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 12:14 am
Big lockdown in the UK now as well. Mrs Zero and I are currently self-isolating as it seems we've got it. My idiot employer, despite the guidelines saying WFH if possible, insisted on the software development staff coming in.
What an idiot indeed. That's just the kind of work that can be done from home. Wishing both of you a good and fast recovery Mike and mrs Zero. Make sure you get enough sleep, healthy food, do whatever you can to enable your body to be strong enough right now.

redroque

Post by redroque »

Agree above - speedy recovery chap!