Welcome to the new version of Finnbass. Here you will find all the top quality content you know and love. All content has been brought over from the old version of the forum, as well as all user details.

Although your user accounts have been imported, you may find that you will need to request a new password in order to log in. To do this go to the Login button (top right). Try logging in with your usual user name and password. If this fails, click I forgot my password then enter your email address. You should receive an email with a login link and new password. Use these to log in.

Once logged in, if you did get issued with a new password, it is a good idea to alter it to something else. To do this click on your user name (top right) then click on User Control Panel. Click the Profile tab, then click Edit account settings. Here you can set a new password.

NOTE TO NEW USERS
Once you have registered, your first post will need to be approved before it is made public. This is to prevent spam postings, so please bear with us.

Tuners

If it alters your sound....

Moderator: Spike

bryceee

Post by bryceee »

Beyond wrote:I use a Boss thing and a clip on tuner (Snark) the latter does not seem to be as accurate to me but it gets me in the zone then I can tweak it the tuning. As you say good for those on stage panic moments when you want to confirm you are still in tune and you can do it all by just turning the volume down on the bass.
Or by using the tuner pedal in line and mutint the output, or using the amp footswitch which mutes the amp output but you still have the tuner facility. ;)

tauzero

Post by tauzero »

I use the one in the B3, or the one in the MS60B, or the cheapo ones I've got stashed in every instrument case.
Coitum volaticum non dono

Stan_da_man

Post by Stan_da_man »

Those Pitchblacks have gotten very good reviews compared with the TU2/TU3s. I know there was a Pitchblack tuner which didn't have Korg on the case but was much cheaper - any ideas?

EDIT: Guitarman.

Stan_da_man

Post by Stan_da_man »

I had rehearsal last night and my Polytune looks like it's alright now. I gave it a wipe down, put some contact cleaner on and tightened up the input/output screws which were very loose, darn washers!

Beyond

Post by Beyond »

Good stuff triggered quite an interesting thread though.

I have never been that keen on having the tuner permanently between the bass and amp. Always been hesitant about putting anything permanently in the signal chain that doesn't have to be there - is that a bit over the top?

On reflection I am not sure I have ever had a "through" tuner.

bryceee

Post by bryceee »

.... And because of that you would have been very quiet had you wanted it to be part of your signal chain. ;)

Antonius

Post by Antonius »

I usually have my tuner on the tuner output of the amp.

Not all amps have that. If you have an effects loop and don't use it for effects, then you can also use the Send to connect a tuner.
Finnbass.com - it has a certain, indefinable, double entendre quality about 't which ye canna quite put yer finger on.....

Steve

Post by Steve »

Beyond wrote:On reflection I am not sure I have ever had a "through" tuner.
If you have ever plugged a cable from your bass into a tuner then it is likely to have been a 'through' tuner. It's almost a part of what being a tuner is.

Whether or not it is a 'true bypass' however is another issue :)
Yes, I can hear you Clem Fandango.

tauzero

Post by tauzero »

I plug my bass into my cheapo tuners but they're definitely not through tuners. Stompbox tuners will almost invariably [1] be through tuners though.

[1] I would say always, rather than almost invariably, but some deluded manufacturer is bound to have created a stompbox non-through tuner.
Coitum volaticum non dono

redroque

Post by redroque »

Apart from the time i used rack tuners which took a 'tuner out' from the amp, the stomp tuners have always been through which is also a useful mute. True bypass is wasted on me, I want decent accurate tuner that is easy to see. I dont really care if it sounds a bit different than without it - its got several more pedals, an amp and speaker all of which are trashing the purest bass tone in various ways! :)