Welcome to the new version of Finnbass. Here you will find all the top quality content you know and love. All content has been brought over from the old version of the forum, as well as all user details.

Although your user accounts have been imported, you may find that you will need to request a new password in order to log in. To do this go to the Login button (top right). Try logging in with your usual user name and password. If this fails, click I forgot my password then enter your email address. You should receive an email with a login link and new password. Use these to log in.

Once logged in, if you did get issued with a new password, it is a good idea to alter it to something else. To do this click on your user name (top right) then click on User Control Panel. Click the Profile tab, then click Edit account settings. Here you can set a new password.

NOTE TO NEW USERS
Once you have registered, your first post will need to be approved before it is made public. This is to prevent spam postings, so please bear with us.

Music Related Reading

Just to prove finnbassers are literate...

Moderator: Spike

Stan_da_man

Music Related Reading

Post by Stan_da_man »

I usually buy a book or two over Xmas to read and this year I was wondering if anyone had some recommendations? I've got loads of stuff on the Chili Peppers so I'm not looking at that. Cheers!

neepheid

Post by neepheid »

Stan_da_man wrote:I usually buy a book or two over Xmas to read and this year I was wondering if anyone had some recommendations? I've got loads of stuff on the Chili Peppers so I'm not looking at that. Cheers!
Cash, by Johnny Cash. The Man in Black's autobiography.

A Day in the Life: The Music and Artistry of the Beatles, by Mark Hertsgaard. Detailed breakdown of the method and recording process of the Beatles. Maybe too geeky for some, but I loved it.

Hendrix: Setting the Record Straight, by John McDermott with Eddie Kramer. Well, it's a book about Jimi Hendrix, innit? Good read though, seems legit, have at least consulted people who were there ;)

That'll do, someone else can wade in with suggestions.
Epi Les Paul Std
Epi Jack Casady
Epi Thunderbird VP
RedSub BT5110 - BFM Omni 10.5

Bands: The Inevitable Teaspoons - originals
Nine Lives - rock covers

"Gibson have never made a pretty bass, fact." - waynepunkdude

Stan_da_man

Post by Stan_da_man »

Ended up buying 'The Dirt', a Motley Crue biography and Duff McKagan's auto biography. The Dirt was very good, just what I wanted to read about - rock n' roll when it was real! Duff's book was decent as well although I do think he did miss out a lot of stuff on purpose...

Merton

Post by Merton »

You should check out Rex's autobiog, that's quite amusing. It takes him less than a page to slag off Vinnie Paul and he continues in that vein throughout!
You've got to slay a few dragons before you get to the princess

http://twitter.com/MertonR

Stan_da_man

Post by Stan_da_man »

Is there a valid reason?!

Merton

Post by Merton »

Well Rex makes out that Vinnie Paul is a complete FlowerpotFlowerpotFlowerpotFlowerpot but that's just his side of the story. I'm not so familiar with Pantera history to know the other side of the argument....
You've got to slay a few dragons before you get to the princess

http://twitter.com/MertonR

Stan_da_man

Post by Stan_da_man »

It's that time again! Off on my hols soon so will be picking up a couple books to read.