Welcome to the new version of Finnbass. Here you will find all the top quality content you know and love. All content has been brought over from the old version of the forum, as well as all user details.

Although your user accounts have been imported, you may find that you will need to request a new password in order to log in. To do this go to the Login button (top right). Try logging in with your usual user name and password. If this fails, click I forgot my password then enter your email address. You should receive an email with a login link and new password. Use these to log in.

Once logged in, if you did get issued with a new password, it is a good idea to alter it to something else. To do this click on your user name (top right) then click on User Control Panel. Click the Profile tab, then click Edit account settings. Here you can set a new password.

NOTE TO NEW USERS
Once you have registered, your first post will need to be approved before it is made public. This is to prevent spam postings, so please bear with us.

Jack 2 x 12's

Real men build their own...;)

Moderator: Spike

gilmour

Post by gilmour »

Beyond wrote:I was intrigued.

I thought I might have missed a build thread somewhere.

I was wondering if they might be a solution to my "car bootage" problems but as my 2 x 10.5's only just go in because they are not a one piece unit I am guessing not.

Good cabs though.
Size wise I would say one if these is slightly bigger than two 10.5's. I can check at some point if my kit is ever in the same building at the same time.

TBH, and I think I said it at the time, I'm not sure the extra work required for the Jack's is worth it for the slight performance boost when compared to the Omni 10.5s which I found much more straightforward to build.
BOOM
noun.
1. A deep resonant sound, as of an explosion.
2. A time of economic prosperity.
3. A sudden increase, as in popularity.

I'm online www.gilmourvisualnoise.co.uk | @RobGilmourBass

oxblood

Post by oxblood »

Good to hear from you, Rob - long time no etcetera and all that. :)
gilmour wrote:...start a new job next week teaching music in a school for young people with emotional and behavioural issues. Nervous and excited in equal measures!
I'm sure they are.
gilmour wrote:Also working on my own heavy rock album, played all the guitar, bass, etc. Totally self indulgent but a nice change from ukulele :D :D :D
I dare you to put in a heavily overdriven Uke solo just for the hell of it. :cool:

Richard Dean Anderson

Post by Richard Dean Anderson »

oxblood wrote:Good to hear from you, Rob - long time no etcetera and all that. :)
I'm sure they are.

I dare you to put in a heavily overdriven Uke solo just for the hell of it. :cool:
Now that's what I call changing music forever!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D