Welcome to the new version of Finnbass. Here you will find all the top quality content you know and love. All content has been brought over from the old version of the forum, as well as all user details.

Although your user accounts have been imported, you may find that you will need to request a new password in order to log in. To do this go to the Login button (top right). Try logging in with your usual user name and password. If this fails, click I forgot my password then enter your email address. You should receive an email with a login link and new password. Use these to log in.

Once logged in, if you did get issued with a new password, it is a good idea to alter it to something else. To do this click on your user name (top right) then click on User Control Panel. Click the Profile tab, then click Edit account settings. Here you can set a new password.

NOTE TO NEW USERS
Once you have registered, your first post will need to be approved before it is made public. This is to prevent spam postings, so please bear with us.

Coronavirus - everyone OK?

The Flowerpot Arms...

Moderator: Spike

oxblood

Re: Coronavirus - everyone OK?

Post by oxblood »

RichardH wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:21 pm
No, I got the message while sat in front of my PC at home
...which can only mean that the mobile phone masts are MOVING BY THEMSELVES! :eek:

RichardH

Post by RichardH »

Made me think of Ted Hughes' The Iron Man for some reason....

oxblood

Post by oxblood »

RichardH wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:20 pm
Made me think of Ted Hughes' The Iron Man for some reason....
...which always make me think of Bender out of Futurama. :D

MrThumb

Post by MrThumb »

All ok up here, so far. Wife has been off work a couple of weeks now as she wasn't happy about working in a pharmacy where NO protection was offered or distancing was practiced. She's type 1 diabetic and 'prone' to get every cold going. My company closed down immediately after BoJo's speech on Monday evening. So we're just staying in apart from loading the dog's into the car twice (yes twice - naughty aren't we) a day and driving them to a quiet part of the park for a run. This isolation seems fine to us as we're pretty antisocial anyways! We hardly go out as there's no good pubs in walking distance so nothing to miss there. The only downside is that I couldn't visit my dear old mother last Sunday and catch up with the rest of the family.

oxblood

Post by oxblood »

MrThumb wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:08 am
The only downside is that I couldn't visit my dear old mother last Sunday and catch up with the rest of the family.
Skype? *

*(other video-calling services are available)

tauzero

Post by tauzero »

Mrs Zero and I have both been at home for the week and we've both had our texts. Apparently there's a scam text that's being sent out which tells you you've been detected leaving the house and you're being fined - and it's spoofed so it appears on the same thread as the real text. There's a link in the text which presumably takes you somewhere evil. This came from Warwickshire Neighbourhood Watch and they have a screenshot of a phone with the message plus the government message, so it seems genuine.

oxblood

Post by oxblood »

Reassuring to know that the criminal community are pulling together to secure a positive outcome from these challenging circumstances. This is the sort of go-getting entrepreneurial flair the country needs right now. ;)

Stan_da_man

Post by Stan_da_man »

Went into A&E Tuesday evening with a pain in my left lung making breathing impossible. They kept me there for a couple of days until the symptoms started to ease up. I did get treated like I had Coronavirus and was put in isolation the whole time. The doctors sent me home because they said staying in hospital was too risky and I had a higher chance of catching it due to being very vulnerable.

Ever since I got home Thursday, I have felt even worse... I want to throw up every couple of hours full stomach or not. If I don't eat or drink anything, I am just throwing up the tiny amounts left in my stomach. I tried anti sickness tablets but they're not doing anything - not sure how long it takes for them to be effective. I'm also very tired all of the time and want to go back to sleep every ten minutes trying to catch some rest and then I feel sick again.

I'm supposed to get my Covid 19 result on Monday so will see if I did catch it. I had been self isolating for ten days before this all happened and felt okay.

redroque

Post by redroque »

Gulp! Good luck dOOd! Hope you feel better soon.

oxblood

Post by oxblood »

Yikes, Tom - I'm not surprised you're worried. The vomiting thing certainly seems to chime in with what Tauzero was saying. It's hard to know whether to hope that the test result is positive or negative, isn't it? I mean, if it comes up as negative for Covid-19, you'll be left thinking "well what the hell IS this?"

Either way, I hope you're feeling a lot better ASAP.