Welcome to the new version of Finnbass. Here you will find all the top quality content you know and love. All content has been brought over from the old version of the forum, as well as all user details.

Although your user accounts have been imported, you may find that you will need to request a new password in order to log in. To do this go to the Login button (top right). Try logging in with your usual user name and password. If this fails, click I forgot my password then enter your email address. You should receive an email with a login link and new password. Use these to log in.

Once logged in, if you did get issued with a new password, it is a good idea to alter it to something else. To do this click on your user name (top right) then click on User Control Panel. Click the Profile tab, then click Edit account settings. Here you can set a new password.

NOTE TO NEW USERS
Once you have registered, your first post will need to be approved before it is made public. This is to prevent spam postings, so please bear with us.

Back In Hospital

The Flowerpot Arms...

Moderator: Spike

TPJ

Re: Back In Hospital

Post by TPJ »

Hey, sorry to hear all of this, just got caught up with what's been going on.

Wishing it all gets sorted for you and that you are feeling better soon.

Over here in NL, i think I've seen commercials on the tele for people to adopt a dog but you don't have to look after it. I don't speak Dutch yet so I might have that completely wrong :)

oldslapper

Post by oldslapper »

Hopefully things are moving in the right direction health wise Tom, sounds like hospital are on top of assessments and prep! 😎

I think as others have said, perhaps a new doggo would be a bit too much right now? Particularly if you want to be involved in their training (hard to do from hospital, or when first back home whilst recovering?) Then again if you’re happy for your wife to handle initial house training then the puppy might be nice for her? I wouldn’t worry about “stranger danger”, as your scent will be familiar to the pooch.

We miss Ziggy very much, it’ll be 12 months in a couple of weeks time since we lost her. A dog in the family home certainly brings a lot of joy.
Best wishes.

redroque

Post by redroque »

Hi Tom
How are you? I suspect I'm not the only one here worried as to how you are but are slightly nervous to ask. So I'm asking as I'm thinking about you and am concerned!
All the best

Stan_da_man

Post by Stan_da_man »

redroque wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 7:27 am
Hi Tom
How are you? I suspect I'm not the only one here worried as to how you are but are slightly nervous to ask. So I'm asking as I'm thinking about you and am concerned!
All the best
Just ticking along as usual. Doctors are happy with everything so it's just a case of waiting still. This is day 17 on the transplant list so I'm hoping that it's a case of sooner rather than later. The doctors did say worst case scenario I could be waiting 9-12 months...

redroque

Post by redroque »

Stan_da_man wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:38 am
The doctors did say worst case scenario I could be waiting 9-12 months...

Fuuuuuck. This is such a difficult place to be. Cant/dont want to imagine!

Stan_da_man

Post by Stan_da_man »

It sucks because the bloke in the room next to me found a donor heart within six days of going on the list!

Pentode

Post by Pentode »

Fingers, toes and testes crossed for you mate.

RichardH

Post by RichardH »

Stan_da_man wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 7:59 pm
It sucks because the bloke in the room next to me found a donor heart within six days of going on the list!
I guess it's a bit the luck if the draw as to what comes available and who it suits. We're all rooting for you (and might even play the odd fifth as well ;))

Stan_da_man

Post by Stan_da_man »

Trying to keep as active as possible whilst in here. It helps take my mind off things and helps prep my body for surgery which would lead to a quicker recovery. Averaging 3-4k steps a day and now have an exercise bike which I try to do 10 km a day on.

Big AL

Post by Big AL »

Jesus! If I did that much daily exercise, I'd end up needing a Heart Transplant as well! Respect, mate. :-)