Welcome to the new version of Finnbass. Here you will find all the top quality content you know and love. All content has been brought over from the old version of the forum, as well as all user details.

Although your user accounts have been imported, you may find that you will need to request a new password in order to log in. To do this go to the Login button (top right). Try logging in with your usual user name and password. If this fails, click I forgot my password then enter your email address. You should receive an email with a login link and new password. Use these to log in.

Once logged in, if you did get issued with a new password, it is a good idea to alter it to something else. To do this click on your user name (top right) then click on User Control Panel. Click the Profile tab, then click Edit account settings. Here you can set a new password.

NOTE TO NEW USERS
Once you have registered, your first post will need to be approved before it is made public. This is to prevent spam postings, so please bear with us.

Mould Inside Car?

The Flowerpot Arms...

Moderator: Spike

Stan_da_man

Mould Inside Car?

Post by Stan_da_man »

Not sure if anyone can help me on this one -

My car hasn't been used in effect for 18 months. I don't know if it's because of the seals, or lack of usage or something else but mould has started to grow inside the car. On the steering wheel, the gear stick, some on the dashboard.

Will having it cleaned get rid of the mould? Will it still be air born after cleaning? I'm a little worried because after having my lung transplant, I really can't afford to be breathing in any of this crap...

Any thoughts, experiences, jokes?
redroque

Re: Mould Inside Car?

Post by redroque »

Good call. Do not drive.
I think a proper clean with chemicals should be fine but if you want my opinion, clean up sell and replace. The stakes are too high. I do have good reason for my apparently over strict opinion! My business landlord suffered serious lung scarring and disease from mould in a building project he was renovating 15 years ago. His lung transplant did not happen in time.
Seriously- get someone to sort it for you, please.
Stan_da_man

Post by Stan_da_man »

redroque wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 7:53 pm Good call. Do not drive.
I think a proper clean with chemicals should be fine but if you want my opinion, clean up sell and replace. The stakes are too high. I do have good reason for my apparently over strict opinion! My business landlord suffered serious lung scarring and disease from mould in a building project he was renovating 15 years ago. His lung transplant did not happen in time.
Seriously- get someone to sort it for you, please.
I'm leaning towards getting rid. It's an 11 year old Skoda Fabia so it's not a brand new car.

I was going to get a new car in the next couple years anyway - we're planning on having kids so will need some extra space and my wife can only drive auto so I was going to accommodate her needs.
Antonius

Post by Antonius »

Yep, agree with Max. Don't take that risk with your lungs. They are far more valuable to you than any car. If there is mould in there, you must assume literally everything in the interior is loaded with spores. Think the seats, carpet but also the entire system of air ducts, filters, channels, fans, heater, ac would all be blowing loads of spores right into your face. And don't do it yourself. Get someone of good health to help you with it. You are too vulnerable.
RichardH

Post by RichardH »

Wot they said!
Stan_da_man

Post by Stan_da_man »

I've had it professionally cleaned this week and will be looking to get rid. Better safe than sorry. :)
redroque

Post by redroque »

Really pleased to hear it! Well played!
Stan_da_man

Post by Stan_da_man »

redroque wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 8:52 pm Really pleased to hear it! Well played!
Now the joy of finding a new car... my wife doesn't think a two seater sports car is a practical solution if we plan to have kids in the future. :D
redroque

Post by redroque »

And hard to carry bass kit it! I did have a sporty number for my early 40’s obviously (Celica GT sports with poppy up lights) but in reality a modern estate is bloody practical and I never regret it. It helps to have cool toys like a head up display etc of course. :D
tauzero

Post by tauzero »

Stan_da_man wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:12 am
redroque wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 8:52 pm Really pleased to hear it! Well played!
Now the joy of finding a new car... my wife doesn't think a two seater sports car is a practical solution if we plan to have kids in the future. :D
Just get a vasectomy as an accessory.