Welcome to the new version of Finnbass. Here you will find all the top quality content you know and love. All content has been brought over from the old version of the forum, as well as all user details.

Although your user accounts have been imported, you may find that you will need to request a new password in order to log in. To do this go to the Login button (top right). Try logging in with your usual user name and password. If this fails, click I forgot my password then enter your email address. You should receive an email with a login link and new password. Use these to log in.

Once logged in, if you did get issued with a new password, it is a good idea to alter it to something else. To do this click on your user name (top right) then click on User Control Panel. Click the Profile tab, then click Edit account settings. Here you can set a new password.

NOTE TO NEW USERS
Once you have registered, your first post will need to be approved before it is made public. This is to prevent spam postings, so please bear with us.

Finnbass Donations...

The Flowerpot Arms...

Moderator: Spike

redroque

Post by redroque »

oxblood wrote:You filthy beast! :eek:
:D

Steve

Post by Steve »

RichardH wrote:Willing to donate a bit more if it helps the conversion to alternative forum software (rather than some nasty enforced upgrade to vBulletin v666 when the current version gets too creaky to keep going).
Many thanks for the offer Richard, your donation was already more than generous and I thank you for it.

It would be nice to upgrade, but I'm not sure I have the skills necessary to do it myself so I would have to pay someone and, to be honest the traffic on Finnbass is fairly meagre to say the least, extremely high quality traffic from truly wonderful people but it's not the busiest forum on the internet...
Yes, I can hear you Clem Fandango.

jshilgebass

Post by jshilgebass »

Since I do check in here a few times a month, it's only right that I pay for it...please accept my humble PayPal gift. :) And keep up the good work.

Joe Hilgeman

tauzero

Post by tauzero »

One pittance sent over.
Coitum volaticum non dono

Mottlefeeder

Post by Mottlefeeder »

My contribution on the way via PayPal

David
Yamaha RBX 765 5-string fretted
Ibanez EWB205WNE 5-string fretted acoustic
Ashdown MiBass550
Hartke HA4000
BFM Jack 10 - (2)
Homebrew 1x10
Homebrew Battery Amp

Steve

Post by Steve »

Once again, many thanks to all those who sent a donation to the Finnbass hosting bill. I really can't shoulder the cost on my own any more. I have now renewed our plan for another three years taking us up to December 9th 2019 :D

EDIT: I just checked, and Finnbass kicked off in December 2006 so this is also our tenth birthday! Happy birthday to us....:D

oxblood

Post by oxblood »

Steve wrote:I just checked, and Finnbass kicked off in December 2006 so this is also our tenth birthday! Happy birthday to us....:D
Hurrah! Do the donations run to cake and party hats as well? :D

Steve

Post by Steve »

oxblood wrote:Hurrah! Do the donations run to cake and party hats as well? :D
No, not quite, but I am sure we can make-do...:)

Steve

Post by Steve »

Hi guys!

It's that time again...
I suspect that Finnbass may have run it's course and that we consider moving to FaceBook which is free.
We'd need to raise approx £300 for another three years if people want to continue.

Thoughts?

MrThumb

Post by MrThumb »

I'd be gutted to see finnbass go but is it just the sign of the times? Is BC as relevant as it was? It seems that us bassist are getting older and probably playing less and less. I've not played in a band for almost 7 years! I know what basses I like, what strings to use and what amp to play it all through. But Finnbass was more than a forum, much more. Personally it has shaped my life, seriously it has. There are those here who I have a massive amount of respect for, guys I generally like and consider friends. However I really miss the good 'ol days of innuendo filled banter and knob gags. I'm not a huge FB fan, too open and 'corporate' but if FB were to move over there I would certainly follow.