Welcome to the new version of Finnbass. Here you will find all the top quality content you know and love. All content has been brought over from the old version of the forum, as well as all user details.

Although your user accounts have been imported, you may find that you will need to request a new password in order to log in. To do this go to the Login button (top right). Try logging in with your usual user name and password. If this fails, click I forgot my password then enter your email address. You should receive an email with a login link and new password. Use these to log in.

Once logged in, if you did get issued with a new password, it is a good idea to alter it to something else. To do this click on your user name (top right) then click on User Control Panel. Click the Profile tab, then click Edit account settings. Here you can set a new password.

NOTE TO NEW USERS
Once you have registered, your first post will need to be approved before it is made public. This is to prevent spam postings, so please bear with us.

Finnbass Donations...

The Flowerpot Arms...

Moderator: Spike

RichardH

Post by RichardH »

I guess the other option is to find a cheaper source of hosting (I have a load of space that could fit the bill), but then there is the whole thing of moving the database and getting it up and running etc. The archive of old posts is a lot of what Finnbass is, so to lose that would be a huge shame if it's to continue.
It's a bugger getting inside the horn when you've got the array supports in place, isn't it!

RichardH

Post by RichardH »

...to follow up on this, I would be up for having a bash at moving the forum over onto my webspace, if that's of any help? I already pay for the hosting, so it's no skin off my nose if Finnbass cohabits with the rest of the rubbish on there.
It's a bugger getting inside the horn when you've got the array supports in place, isn't it!

redroque

Post by redroque »

I’m happy to chip in - like the others, I feel this is a unique place with er unique people who i like and respect and who i would not like to lose. :).

Sanemancured

Post by Sanemancured »

Add me to the list of chippers inners....
I'd rather have a life of 'OH WELLS' than a life of 'WHAT IFS.

Steve

Post by Steve »

Well, that figure was for three years hosting. No reason why we cant just go for an additional year? I've always gone for the three years as obviously that is the cheapest option. But our positions have all changed...
Yes, I can hear you Clem Fandango.

Steve

Post by Steve »

Richard, I would be happy for you to try and move the beast. I don't have the technical know-how...
Yes, I can hear you Clem Fandango.

Stan_da_man

Post by Stan_da_man »

Would be great if we could move the whole forum to a different server so has we don't lose any of our vast library of technical information. :D

oldslapper

Post by oldslapper »

......and knob jokes :D
Map Reader extraordinaire

redroque

Post by redroque »

oldslapper wrote:......and knob jokes :D
never forget the knob jokes :D

Antonius

Post by Antonius »

oldslapper wrote:......and knob jokes :D
That alone is worth the expense and effort :cool:
Just recently I went through some old threads looking for something. I forgot what I was actually looking for and had great fun reading back in finnbass history.
Finnbass.com - it has a certain, indefinable, double entendre quality about 't which ye canna quite put yer finger on.....