Welcome to the new version of Finnbass. Here you will find all the top quality content you know and love. All content has been brought over from the old version of the forum, as well as all user details.

Although your user accounts have been imported, you may find that you will need to request a new password in order to log in. To do this go to the Login button (top right). Try logging in with your usual user name and password. If this fails, click I forgot my password then enter your email address. You should receive an email with a login link and new password. Use these to log in.

Once logged in, if you did get issued with a new password, it is a good idea to alter it to something else. To do this click on your user name (top right) then click on User Control Panel. Click the Profile tab, then click Edit account settings. Here you can set a new password.

NOTE TO NEW USERS
Once you have registered, your first post will need to be approved before it is made public. This is to prevent spam postings, so please bear with us.

Cloud Atlas

Lights, camera, action!

Moderator: Spike

david_l_perry

Cloud Atlas

Post by david_l_perry »

What the fuck was all that about then.....

I generally really like unusual sc-fi films.....this is three hours of my life I will never get back.

Honestly, I simply have no idea what just went on, I mean really no idea...wachowski brothers my arse.

Only bonus was that It was free to watch on sky anytime....would have been mighty pissed having paid money for the DVD that's for sure...
Finnbass ....its like the elderly rest home for those dodgy relatives who refuse to die.....

Work http://www.extendeddesign.co.uk

Copyright © Mickey mouse inc, all rights reserved, or stolen

Mottlefeeder

Post by Mottlefeeder »

I was in a bookshop on Friday, enquiring about authors Mrs Mottlefeeder might like to read when she finishes a Kate Atkinson. Cloud Atlas was recommended and described as a series of short stories using a common set of characters and overlapping plots. Sounds a bit like Pulp Fiction?

David
Yamaha RBX 765 5-string fretted
Ibanez EWB205WNE 5-string fretted acoustic
Ashdown MiBass550
Hartke HA4000
BFM Jack 10 - (2)
Homebrew 1x10
Homebrew Battery Amp

Post by Guest »

I thought it was terrific - didn't think the book would be filmable, but the producers managed it very well. Still, each to his/her own.

S.
Insert self-aggrandising list of expensive equipment here.

"Don't mistake me for a musician, I'm just someone who likes music and screws around with some stringy things and some boxes to make some sounds."

Also known as "The Scary One". Boo.

david_l_perry

Post by david_l_perry »

Im still waiting for my brain to fill in the gaps on cloud atlas :-)

It apparantly got nominated for best film, and worse film at the same time accordingy to wiki so it myst be true. It Ibviously polarised opinions. But of course im right and its crap.

I always like watching stuff like this to be honest, its a bit like Jazz, all the bits but not in the right order, or film.

On the plus side I watched Kellys Heroes on Friday, so on balance it was not all bad :-)
Finnbass ....its like the elderly rest home for those dodgy relatives who refuse to die.....

Work http://www.extendeddesign.co.uk

Copyright © Mickey mouse inc, all rights reserved, or stolen

Stan_da_man

Post by Stan_da_man »

Yeah, you do have to watch it 2 or 3 times to understand it. I saw it when it came out at the cinema, amazing film. :)