Welcome to the new version of Finnbass. Here you will find all the top quality content you know and love. All content has been brought over from the old version of the forum, as well as all user details.

Although your user accounts have been imported, you may find that you will need to request a new password in order to log in. To do this go to the Login button (top right). Try logging in with your usual user name and password. If this fails, click I forgot my password then enter your email address. You should receive an email with a login link and new password. Use these to log in.

Once logged in, if you did get issued with a new password, it is a good idea to alter it to something else. To do this click on your user name (top right) then click on User Control Panel. Click the Profile tab, then click Edit account settings. Here you can set a new password.

NOTE TO NEW USERS
Once you have registered, your first post will need to be approved before it is made public. This is to prevent spam postings, so please bear with us.

Sound of Song

Moans, groans and the occasional accolade.

Moderator: Spike

RichardH

Sound of Song

Post by RichardH »

Not had chance to watch this, but looks well worth catching
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b04z23vl
It's a bugger getting inside the horn when you've got the array supports in place, isn't it!
oxblood

Post by oxblood »

Enjoyed the first episode, mainly for the section on early acoustic recording technology and the social impact of recorded music in the Edwardian era. Neil Brand knows his subject (as well he should) and presents it well, but the time constraints and dumbed-down production values of modern TV mean that much technical detail is at best skimmed over or fudged. Still worth viewing, though.
neepheid

Post by neepheid »

I enjoyed it, looking forward to the rest of it.
Epi Les Paul Std
Epi Jack Casady
Epi Thunderbird VP
RedSub BT5110 - BFM Omni 10.5

Bands: The Inevitable Teaspoons - originals
Nine Lives - rock covers

"Gibson have never made a pretty bass, fact." - waynepunkdude