Welcome to the new version of Finnbass. Here you will find all the top quality content you know and love. All content has been brought over from the old version of the forum, as well as all user details.

Although your user accounts have been imported, you may find that you will need to request a new password in order to log in. To do this go to the Login button (top right). Try logging in with your usual user name and password. If this fails, click I forgot my password then enter your email address. You should receive an email with a login link and new password. Use these to log in.

Once logged in, if you did get issued with a new password, it is a good idea to alter it to something else. To do this click on your user name (top right) then click on User Control Panel. Click the Profile tab, then click Edit account settings. Here you can set a new password.

NOTE TO NEW USERS
Once you have registered, your first post will need to be approved before it is made public. This is to prevent spam postings, so please bear with us.

Letts basses

lettsguitars

Letts basses

Post by lettsguitars »

Hi Finn bassers. Just a quick hello. My names Jon and I am the sole builder at Lettsbasses. Please have a go on my website http://www.lettsbasses.co.uk
New designs for 2013 and hopefully a new website coming soon. Currently developing the erb range all the way up to 13 strings.
Heres a look at some of the new shapes to get you going :)
The 13's have a heavily fanned fretboard of 35"-27"
Some finished basses. . .
I guess that'll do for now :)
Everythings handmade including scatterwound pickups.
Check the website for tons more pics, custom options, prices, sound clips, videos etc. All the best and thanks for looking. Jon Letts.
Beyond

Post by Beyond »

Very Woody looking instruments - nice to see another builder on Finnbass.
redroque

Post by redroque »

Nice! Wouldn't like to meet the person playing the 13. BIG hands!
The second render - with 3 strings in the middle and a pair each side - what's that about then!
david_l_perry

Post by david_l_perry »

Hi Jon. Checked out a couple of your basses at Moffat this weekend nice bits of wood.

Best start a thread in another section I guess as this is for Robbies work, got me confused when I spotted it. :D

No doubt spike will help move it unless he is chomping on his bone

Dave
Finnbass ....its like the elderly rest home for those dodgy relatives who refuse to die.....

Work http://www.extendeddesign.co.uk

Copyright © Mickey mouse inc, all rights reserved, or stolen
lettsguitars

Post by lettsguitars »

redroque wrote:Nice! Wouldn't like to meet the person playing the 13. BIG hands!
The second render - with 3 strings in the middle and a pair each side - what's that about then!
Ha ha. Yea, the middle line is just a centre line. Confusing I guess. I'll try and change that.
ER. I didn't realise I was posting in the RIM Thread. How embarrassing. I'll contact a mod right away. Thanks for the comments.
oxblood

Post by oxblood »

lettsguitars wrote:I'll contact a mod right away.
I doubt that'll help. Bradley Wiggins isn't even a member here AFAIK.

Seriously, Jon, Finnbass is a bit unusual in that our one and only official moderator is a Staffordshire Bull Terrier called Spike:

Don't worry - I'm sure Steve (the site owner/Spike's butler) will sort you out.

Welcome to Finnbass! :)
fender

Post by fender »

They look lovely Jon, fine craftsmanship and the sound clips are great too. I dont know custom builds at all but the prices seem pretty affordable to me.

Now, if I sold my Streamer...

Cheers, John
Antonius

Post by Antonius »

david_l_perry wrote:Hi Jon. Checked out a couple of your basses at Moffat this weekend nice bits of wood.
Yes! They looked very familiar to me, you are right: in the upstairs room at Moffat.

Spike put up his most intelligent of faces there, never seen him looking that bright before :D

Welcome to Finnbass Jon. Craftsmen builders are very much welcomed. If you ask Steve, the site owner, I think he will gladly set up your own subforum for showcasing your work. No costs involved, though you may be up for some goodnatured banter every now and again (we all are, that's why we keep coming back for more).
Finnbass.com - it has a certain, indefinable, double entendre quality about 't which ye canna quite put yer finger on.....
lettsguitars

huh wha?

Post by lettsguitars »

I must say, I'm quite taken with the friendly attitude here already :)
I did contact Spike who i am beginning to think is a figment of my imagination. It's all gone kinda twilight zone! Thanks one and all.
Beyond

Post by Beyond »

I should just clarify that my expression "woody" is generally seen as a complement round here!

It is indeed a friendly place.