Welcome to the new version of Finnbass. Here you will find all the top quality content you know and love. All content has been brought over from the old version of the forum, as well as all user details.

Although your user accounts have been imported, you may find that you will need to request a new password in order to log in. To do this go to the Login button (top right). Try logging in with your usual user name and password. If this fails, click I forgot my password then enter your email address. You should receive an email with a login link and new password. Use these to log in.

Once logged in, if you did get issued with a new password, it is a good idea to alter it to something else. To do this click on your user name (top right) then click on User Control Panel. Click the Profile tab, then click Edit account settings. Here you can set a new password.

NOTE TO NEW USERS
Once you have registered, your first post will need to be approved before it is made public. This is to prevent spam postings, so please bear with us.

Foundation 212

Sanemancured

Post by Sanemancured »

I've used my Foundation 212 for my last two band practices and I'm really pleased with the results.

New band with a very 'solid' rock drummer and a couple of gig loud guitars. I've the 212 with the tweeter backed off a little and the mid horn boosted a similar amount. I'm using my Aguillar SG500 twin channel 500W head with the EQ set flat through the clean channel. Bass is my Thumb NT with the bass boosted and the treble cut a little and the balance cranked to the neck pup.

It seems to work rather well as my sternum can attest :D

Peter
I'd rather have a life of 'OH WELLS' than a life of 'WHAT IFS.

Beyond

Post by Beyond »

Good man Peter - I think the Finnbass massive needs to start pushing some of the home grown product.

Scoop

Post by Scoop »

My EAD at a gig wot I dun with Vinny Burns (he's famous and everything). And his 16 year old lad, James, who is an astonishing guitarist. Also.

It sounded alright, I suppose. :)

'Officially endorsed by ACG - handmade custom basses and guitars'

No trees were harmed in the making of this post. Several billion electrons were, however, hugely inconvenienced

redroque

Post by redroque »

good to see you out and at 'em!

Scoop

Post by Scoop »

Far be it from me to effusive in my praise for Perry but (and it pains me to say it) this cab is really bleedin' good.

I used it recently at a UKMG event, rather similar to the Moffat Bass Bash but with rather less showing and chatting and a hell of a lot more playing...

Seven different bassists played through the cab - not one of them had seen the EAD before - and every single one of them asked me questions about it afterwards and ALL of them, without exception, had only positive comments to make.

The sound engineer on the night, from pro PA company Ad-Lib Audio, was raving about it from the initial soundcheck to the post-gig chats.

Well done, Dave. It's a stunning cab.

No trees were harmed in the making of this post. Several billion electrons were, however, hugely inconvenienced

BassBunny

Post by BassBunny »

Scoop wrote: I used it recently at a UKMG event, rather similar to the Moffat Bass Bash but with rather less showing and chatting and a hell of a lot more playing...
Is that the do that Ian Runciman goes to Dave?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
The Function Band
The Tribute Band

Basses: ACG Skelf R Type 5, Marleaux/Carvin BB75 (Marvin), Bass Collection SB405, Bass Collection SB??5.
Amps/Cabs: MarkBass SA450, Zoot 112 and 112NT.

tauzero

Post by tauzero »

Scoop wrote:I used it recently at a UKMG event, rather similar to the Moffat Bass Bash but with rather less showing and chatting and a hell of a lot more playing...
I've wondered about the ukmg things - ukmg itself seems so guitar-centric that I've not been terribly enthused about coming along to one, but this makes me think I should revise that view. Was that event actually on the newsgroup or was it organised elsewhere?
Coitum volaticum non dono

Scoop

Post by Scoop »

BassBunny wrote:Is that the do that Ian Runciman goes to Dave?
Yes. I've known Ian for years. We tried to get a band up and running in about 2007 with his brother Phil but it didn't work out for a variety of reasons.

Scoop

Post by Scoop »

tauzero wrote:I've wondered about the ukmg things - ukmg itself seems so guitar-centric that I've not been terribly enthused about coming along to one, but this makes me think I should revise that view. Was that event actually on the newsgroup or was it organised elsewhere?
Mainly organised through Facebook these days, I haven't actually logged onto the newsgroup for about 8 years.

The friendships forged back when newsgroups were cutting edge communication tools, however, have remained and we've done 11 annual bashes now (actually and officially known as the UKMGPU - the PU stands for Piss Up).

Next year's is in Ashby de la Zouche and hosted by Vinny Burns (ex-Dare, Ultravox, Asia, and Ten guitarist).

redroque

Post by redroque »

Scoop wrote: hosted by Vinny Burns (ex-Dare, Ultravox, Asia, and Ten guitarist).
I own albums by all of these bands!