Welcome to the new version of Finnbass. Here you will find all the top quality content you know and love. All content has been brought over from the old version of the forum, as well as all user details.

Although your user accounts have been imported, you may find that you will need to request a new password in order to log in. To do this go to the Login button (top right). Try logging in with your usual user name and password. If this fails, click I forgot my password then enter your email address. You should receive an email with a login link and new password. Use these to log in.

Once logged in, if you did get issued with a new password, it is a good idea to alter it to something else. To do this click on your user name (top right) then click on User Control Panel. Click the Profile tab, then click Edit account settings. Here you can set a new password.

NOTE TO NEW USERS
Once you have registered, your first post will need to be approved before it is made public. This is to prevent spam postings, so please bear with us.

Foundation 212

Sanemancured

Post by Sanemancured »

Just to add that playing last night sans rhythm guitarist and with the bass turned up a little to fit into the space, my sound was superb. Scary clear and penetrating.
I'd rather have a life of 'OH WELLS' than a life of 'WHAT IFS.

redroque

Post by redroque »

got to play well then :)

andydye

Post by andydye »

david_l_perry wrote:Nice one Andy. Glad its working out
What amp are you running on yours ?
Thanks matey, it's a corker!

I was using my LMII head last night, sounded fab! The master volume was rather low and I was filling a large hall, I'd hate to turn the b*gger up!!

eude

Post by eude »

andydye wrote:Thanks matey, it's a corker!

I was using my LMII head last night, sounded fab! The master volume was rather low and I was filling a large hall, I'd hate to turn the b*gger up!!
The EAD cabs work very well with Markbass heads.
Sounds nice with my little Promethean head, but I've yet to try it at any serious volume yet, if there are any problems though, it won't be the cab ;)

Eude

andydye

Post by andydye »

eude wrote:The EAD cabs work very well with Markbass heads.
Sounds nice with my little Promethean head, but I've yet to try it at any serious volume yet, if there are any problems though, it won't be the cab ;)

Eude
I'll be trying it in a marquee in July so will see how it performs in a sonic black hole!!

TPJ

Post by TPJ »

Used the F212 tonight a rehearsal. I'd been using the Mesa for almost everything as of late but wanted a more clear tone with a new group I joined. I also ran the Yammy MB3 Motion bass with the ACG02 upgrade into the B3 then into the AI Focus head. Only had to tinker with the attenuators once and then had a nice big, clear bass tone. Lovely stuff :)
Tom

Bands:
The Now Nows

TPJ

Post by TPJ »

I had the Foundation 212 at the studio last weekend and again today. Last weekend we recorded some reggae tracks. We turned the mid and tweeter off and got a nice round tone. I think the crossover slopes aren't too steep so you still get some good mids out of the 12's and this helped the tone stay round but still cut a little.

Today I had to redo a track as the new drum parts changed the feel and my mate wanted new bass lines. We recorded the bass lines with my AI Focus into the 212, just the jazz bass into the amp clean and the mid and tweeter at 9 o'clock. We cranked the master to drive it a bit and this worked a treat, sounded great. I then hooked up the old Dynacord all valve head for shits and giggles and man did it sound sweet. That head gave the entire sound a bit more of something. I don't know what it was but the EAD translated that valvey goodness very nicely. So much so that we retracked the song again with the valve head.

What was most surprising was that only one mic was used (no DI) and that was placed 2 feet in front of the cab about the height of the mid speaker. At that distance the mic took in all 4 speakers and really worked a treat.

Great speaker Dave. It really is very versatile. :)
Tom

Bands:
The Now Nows

MrThumb

Post by MrThumb »

It a hell of a cab Tom. Very impressive!

Its the first time I've got to see and hear one of these. Just first class all round and you wont appreciate the build quality until you see one on the flesh.
Not enough basses and amps.

andydye

Post by andydye »

andydye wrote:I'll be trying it in a marquee in July so will see how it performs in a sonic black hole!!
The marquee wedding gig went superbly! Backline + vocal pa only and I filled the room with sweet sounding bass! The cab and I got sonic compliments from a guy at the wedding who is a superb bass player (he had a go on my Lakland afterwards) but I didn't know before that day, he said 'he was in awe of the bass sound'!

TPJ wrote:I had the Foundation 212 at the studio last weekend and again today. Last weekend we recorded some reggae tracks. We turned the mid and tweeter off and got a nice round tone. I think the crossover slopes aren't too steep so you still get some good mids out of the 12's and this helped the tone stay round but still cut a little.

Today I had to redo a track as the new drum parts changed the feel and my mate wanted new bass lines. We recorded the bass lines with my AI Focus into the 212, just the jazz bass into the amp clean and the mid and tweeter at 9 o'clock. We cranked the master to drive it a bit and this worked a treat, sounded great. I then hooked up the old Dynacord all valve head for shits and giggles and man did it sound sweet. That head gave the entire sound a bit more of something. I don't know what it was but the EAD translated that valvey goodness very nicely. So much so that we retracked the song again with the valve head.

What was most surprising was that only one mic was used (no DI) and that was placed 2 feet in front of the cab about the height of the mid speaker. At that distance the mic took in all 4 speakers and really worked a treat.

Great speaker Dave. It really is very versatile. :)

It is the awesomeness isn't it matey! Never fails to exceed my expectations!!

MrThumb wrote:It a hell of a cab Tom. Very impressive!
Its the first time I've got to see and hear one of these. Just first class all round and you wont appreciate the build quality until you see one on the flesh.
Totally agree matey, it wasn't until I met Tom's that I fully appreciated how awesome they are! He put the final nail in any other cab's coffin for me!

MrThumb

Post by MrThumb »

I've had....

Aguiliar (sp?)
EBS
Genz
EA
And plenty of others.

All very good cabs but they didn't have the flexibility. I loved the mids on the EAD, something other cabs seem to miss on.
Not enough basses and amps.